This is an excellent resource for practicing words and gestures, songs, and the play: https://class.aimlanguagelearning.com/welcome
At this early point in the year, the gesture and word pronunciation practice is highly recommended. It only takes 5 minutes a day and will pay huge dividends! You can find the gesture practice in the « Videos » section, labelled « Section A/B/C » etc.
Student login: first name-last name
Password: first name-last name
Par exemple: jaclyn-dexter/jaclyn-dexter
Please make regular use of this wonderful site, it will rapidly enhance your language skills and make your experience in class smoother.
Bonjour tout le monde!
Here are links to some great songs that you can practice whenever you please! The math song really helps you to learn your numbers in French. 🙂
Here are some wonderful ways in which you can support your son or daughter this year–whether or not you speak French. 🙂
- I show an interest in my child’s school day
- I show an interest in extracurricular activities in French
- I ensure that my child has access to books, CDs, videos, and games in French
- I ask my child about what he or she is viewing, reading, or listening to in French
- I register my child in French activities
- I encourage my child to speak French at home (if I don’t understand, my child can teach me!)
- I admire my child’s ability to speak French
- I recognize his or her progress in French
- I find ways to contribute to my child’s school life
- I try to learn French words and expressions and use them with my child
- I don’t mind being in situations where I don’t understand everything
- I serve as a mentor to my child by correcting my own French
Using resources in the community
- I encourage my child to socialize with other French-speaking children.
- I provide support for my child’s homework
- I make use of the resources suggested by the school
- I talk with my child about French-speaking people who are involved in the arts, in politics, or in sports.
Enriching my child’s communication skills
- I take time to read, interact, and play with my child in my own language.
- I am proud of my language skills
- I take advantage of situations that help my child discover the value of speaking more than one language.
* Borrowed from the Council of Ministers of Education, Canada.